Sunday, January 3, 2016

New starts

So I saw Star Wars and mostly enjoyed it, though I was disappointed that the female stormtrooper captain had so little to do. It was like, she just got a fancy, shiny uniform for no reason. But I'm told there's hope that she'll come back for something more meaty in the next film. We'll see. The new protagonists were fun, and I was glad that pilot guy turned out to survive after all. The Skywalker family drama really is soap operatic, and I hope they solve the mystery about Rey's parents soon.

Anyway, I'm trying to be hopeful about the new year, especially with Obama taking some executive action on gun control. But I'm sure the rightwing will rant about it, and I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of Democratic squabbles too, with the Sanders campaign continuing their lawsuit, despite Bernie's so called apology to Hillary. Bernie can fuck off for continuing to float conspiracy theories for his rabid supporters. I'll be so glad when the primaries are over.

One weird thing happened last week when a cat suddenly ran into the road while I was driving. I heard a definite thump when it hit the side of my car, yet seconds later I saw it run past unharmed. Makes you wonder if cats really have nine lives. There was barely any dent in my car either.

No comments: