Friday, January 23, 2015

Illustrious Client

I knew that Kitty's vigilante ways from the earlier episode would come back later. Lestrade didn't mind her beating up the guy who hurt his daughter, but now he realizes that he should not have condoned it. He suspended her from consulting with the NYPD, but I don't think we actually saw Holmes tell her this news. She went to crash at Watson's place, anyway, and we finally had the reveal about Del Gruner, aka an update on the villain Baron Adelbert Gruner from the story. I thought at first that the camera would reveal Gruner's right hand to the audience, but instead Kitty recognized his voice on the phone.

When I first heard that this was going to be a two-part adventure, I had feared that they would do something cliche, like have Kitty kidnapped, and "to be continued" on the screen. But they didn't, and I'm pleased so far. I still don't know what the "V" in the brand means. If it stands for something or is not meant to be a letter at all. Anyway, next week we'll learn if Kitty gets her revenge on Gruner like she does in the story, or if they update the acid attack to something modern. February sweeps also starts next week, so I hope the ratings will be decent.

No comments: