Monday, May 13, 2024

Disappointments

It's been too cloudy and rainy the past couple of nights for me to see any aurora from the big solar event. I didn't even try to look on Friday night because I thought the forecasts said it wouldn't be visible in Texas. Then I woke up the next day to see reports of aurora as far south as Florida! 😞 Oh well. There's a bright street light near my house anyway, so I probably wouldn't have been able to see an Aurora I guess.

Meanwhile I recently made brown rice in my new rice cooker, and it nearly boiled over. I didn't realize that cooking brown rice would be so different from white rice. Apparently you don't need to rinse it like white rice, and I guess I have to use less water in the cooker.

I saw The Fall Guy for Ryan Gosling, but the movie was less of a mystery than I expected, and less funny than Barbie. There were some good songs and action scenes though; I liked a cartoony one in a club when Ryan's character was drugged and hallucinating unicorns. Stephanie Hsu has an extremely small part that I wish was bigger. There's not much else I want to see this month. Though I liked Godzilla Minus One, I didn't bother to see the Godzilla x Kong movie, and though I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I soured on the rest of the franchise, so I don't think I'll watch the new Kingdom movie, which doesn't even have Caesar. I'm tired of the typical blockbuster films in general, and have been looking for smaller films. I saw ads for a kids' mystery called Thabo and the Rhino Case, but it was limited release, and never available anytime that I wasn't at work. Now it's completely gone from theaters with no word about a streaming release. Come on, don't have such a limited release, especially for something that's supposed to benefit wildlife charities!

No comments: