Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Delivery blues

I was going to post more on Memorial Day weekend, but I was working, then I got busy unpacking and setting up my new mattress. I bought it before the Memorial Day sales, so I lost out on a 60% discount. So I had to settle for a 40% discount instead. Oh well. The purchase was fine, but the Fedex delivery was terrible. They emailed me that my package was delayed a day, then minutes later said it was on time, but it was going to Pflugerville Texas instead, which is hundreds of miles away. I tried both the website and their phone number for an hour but all I got were automated robots who refused to transfer me to a human being. Eventually I did an internet search which revealed that Pflugerville is some kind of distribution center that some packages have to go through even if it means leaving Dallas only to come right back a day later. If a customer service rep had just answered the phone and explained that to me, then I would've calmed down and not fucking cursed out their robot multiple times for saying "we have no more information for you." Fuck you, Fedex. The bed is nice and firm at least.

Due to the hail and thunderstorms on Tuesday, my internet went out and stayed out for over 14 hours, with only one "outage" message from my internet provider. I guess I should just be thankful that I still had power and that my home wasn't damaged, unlike so many other people in DFW.

I managed to read a book and do a few loads of laundry before the sun came out and there were no more flash flood warnings. I decided to go shopping and run errands, hoping that the internet would be restored by the time I came back. I stayed out 3 hours, but when I got back the internet was still out and stayed that way for hours more. So it's been a day.

No comments: