Sunday, June 2, 2024

Happy Pride Month

Well I'm happy that Trump is now a convicted felon, even if the GOP wrongly think that the trial was rigged. Ken Paxton and other blowhards are vowing revenge on Democrats and fantasizing about reversing the conviction somehow. Fuck them.

If only the other trials weren't delayed. I also read on Daily Kos something about Biden announcing a ceasefire deal on Friday, maybe to pressure Israel? I don't know. We'll see.

Meanwhile the thunderstorms have continued this week. I also found that PBS Passport has the 1970s show The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, which is an anthology of various Victorian detectives. The show is mostly okay, but some episodes are more suspenseful adventures than actual mysteries to be solved. Robert Stephens even plays a blind detective similar to how he played Holmes in the Private Life of Sherlock Holmes movie. I'm still in season 1, but I think Douglas Wilmer, another Holmes actor, will be in season 2. As I mentioned before, I'll be watching a live Sherlock play at Stage West this month. I hope it will be good. Movies don't look very interesting this summer.

No comments: