Saturday, June 29, 2024

Moving Forward

I didn't watch the debate on the Thursday, and I hear it didn't go well. Too bad. I had hoped that the mic cutoff would make a difference to stopping Trump's firehose of lies. But lots of people panicked over it. It was just one bad night, and Joe was great at a rally the next day. Steady on. If you panic this much over a bad debate, how are you gonna handle more shitty Supreme Court decisions?

Frankly I'm more shocked and sad about Martin Mull passing away. He was a comedy legend, with so many memorable roles that sometimes I would confuse his character names with his real name. I'm surprised to read in the obituaries that he was a musician and painter too. So talented. What a great loss. Bill Cobb was a great character actor too.

Meanwhile there's going to be an early fireworks show and street festival today in Arlington. I'll try to go if can just figure out the road closures and parking situation. I've tried going to their Juneteenth before only to find they closed parking lots down as early as 3pm.

Oh I almost forgot to mention that I saw the Thelma movie with June Squibb and Richard Roundtree this week. Pretty funny and enjoyable for a smaller movie. When summer gets hot I try to cool off in theaters, and if the movie selection is terrible I'll have to opt for one of the stupid blockbusters I was avoiding.

No comments: