I found out this weekend that Hugh Jackman is conservative and apparently friends with Rupert Murdoch. The only bad rumors I heard about him previously were concerning him divorcing his wife for an actress, which I shrugged off as being his personal business. But if people had told me his politics, that would have made me pay attention to them boycotting him. He's apparently been this way for years, but I thought if he had been rightwing, that it would be mentioned all the time, like with the actors Kevin Sorbo and Kirk Cameron.
This sours me on The Sheep Detectives, but at least that's an ensemble film. If it ever becomes a franchise with sequels, his character is already dead, so they may focus on the daughter character instead. I guess this was the risk I took watching an Amazon film anyway. Makes me glad that Sam Neill was always so genuine.
Meanwhile it's been difficult to sleep lately due to the Texas heat. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep. All this week will be in the 100s too, and my hot flashes make it worse. At my office I'm hot and cold constantly. I guess I should be glad I'm not near any of the Canadian or European fires.
No comments:
Post a Comment