How terrible to hear of the deadly floods in Nepal and Tibet, from the melting Himalayan glacier. If this were a normal administration, we'd already be helping to rescue people and sending financial aid. Maybe some of the ships in Hormuz can leave for an Indian port now, and maybe the exhausted sailors can get sent home afterward. This fucking endless war... plus the dumb trade wars with Canada and other allies.
Meanwhile, Dolly Parton and Tim Curry died this week. So sad. I was only into country music for a few years, but I have several Dolly songs that I still love. Her duet with Miley Cyrus on "Wrecking Ball/I Will Always Love You" was great too. Dolly's philanthropy and her love of the LGBT+ community was so genuine and openhearted. I saw a righteous rant by a guy about how she could have been a billionaire, but instead she spent millions of dollars on helping people. We need less evil billionaires and more Dollys in the world.
Of course, Tim Curry has been fabulous in many things. I had just rewatched Clue the other day and have been on a quest to put together a cosplay Miss Scarlet costume lately, though I can't find a coat to match hers. It must have been custom, like the green dress. Anyway, RIP to him and Dolly.
No comments:
Post a Comment