Saturday, July 13, 2024

Hot

I'm sorry to hear that much of Houston is still without power and apparently will continue to be without for maybe another week. The Texas summer heat is already stifling, and I well remember last year when my AC was broken for days.

I was hoping that Collin Allred could make some points about both Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott being out of the state during Hurricane Beryl, but the news is primarily talking about Dan Patrick fighting with Biden about getting the emergency declaration to provide federal aid. Stupid GOP grandstanding, helping nobody.

The Biden administration made some announcement about a ceasefire agreement, but I don't see how that's different from the previous agreements to the ceasefire "framework" that we already had. And Israel continues to bomb Gaza and destroy schools, refugee camps, etc. So I don't feel that we're anywhere near peace.

Anyway, I got to put up some new shelves this weekend. Took forever to deliver.

No comments: