Friday, July 26, 2024

Feeling Hopeful

I had trouble getting online this week because Firefox wouldn't load. Finally got in today. I was more apprehensive about the election on Monday because I feared it would be a chaotic free-for-all, but instead I'm seeing mostly unity for Kamala, and great enthusiasm. The Lotus for Potus meme was cute too. It seems we're still in the honeymoon period before the press gets out their knives. Democrats might see another bump once Kamala picks her VP and goes to the convention.

Meanwhile Netanyahu came to give a speech, but fuck him for trying to influence our election. I consider him a war criminal, but stupid Republicans buy his smear that any criticism of Israel is antisemiticism. Governments can be corrupt and evil, even when the citizens are innocent and suffering. Just ask Texas Democrats under Abbott, Patrick, Cruz. Fuck them all too.

I don't care about the Olympics starting tonight, and the latest MCU movie appears to be another damn multiverse story. When will they get off that stupid train? I guess I'll stay home and read. I've also got some furniture to put together, but I work this weekend so it might take a while to finish.

Anyway, I hope Houston doesn't get flooded with more rain and that the power's restored.

No comments: