Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Summer Rain

God, the hysteria from the media has been awful. They didn't react much to the horrible Supreme Court rulings but they kept drumbeating that Biden should step down just because of the debate, which is old news. Fuck them. I had to quit a couple of news sites because they wouldn't stop with the screaming headlines the whole week. It was all manufactured online. People in real life were just having July 4th parties and talking about summer vacations. Voters don't pay attention until fall.

At least the French and UK elections went well.

Meanwhile, my fridge survives and has quietened down a lot once I replaced the water filter. That gives me more time to look for a good deal. I was going to buy an open box fridge at the Best Buy outlet until I realized that you have to pick it up yourself. They won't deliver that, and my car is way too small to transport a fridge.

I also bought a couple of new Barbies because I just couldn't resist the face on the Aztec Princess of Ancient Mexico doll from 2004. Mine doesn't have a crown, and also doesn't look white. She's tan and lovely, with almond eyes. I mostly like her outfit though her feet are weird. They should have made her with flat feet if the shoes were going to be fabric like that. I haven't decided on a name for her yet, but I might go with Atotoztli who may have been a regent of Tenochtitlan, according to Wikipedia. It says she was the daughter of Moctezuma I and mother of three emperors.

I also got a My Fair Lady doll of Eliza the flower girl, before her transformation to lady. I prefer that version of her dress to the fancy gowns of the movie. Still have to take Eliza out of the box.

Anyway, we finally got some rain this week to cool us down. I guess it was the remnants of Hurricane Beryl moving north.

No comments: