Monday, September 2, 2024

Happy Labor Day

I'm still at home trying to clear out all the emails I missed on vacation. On the cruise ship, not even Wifi internet would work for more than a few seconds on my phone. Of course there were a ton of emails concerning the DNC, and also for the end of the month fundraising. I missed half of the DNC, so I have to catch up on videos and references.

It looks like Kamala's campaign still has a lot of momentum going ahead, with so many new voter registrations. I checked my voter registration too because I heard Texas was purging voters again. I'm okay, so I guess they are still targeting Black and Latino voters. A lot of Texans were featured at the DNC, including Jasmine Crockett, who has been made a national co-chair of the Harris/Walz campaign. Good for her! She is such a star.

Also, I came home to a letter saying that my city wants to rezone a commercial lot to allow "light manufacturing" very close to my neighborhood. I'm trying to get info on how exactly they define "light manufacturing" and how dangerous that might be due to a bunch of natural gas pipelines near me. I can just imagine some horrific explosion or other industrial accident due to Texas's lax laws about worker safety and their zoning allowing factories to be too close to residential houses. Fuck.

No comments: