Sunday, October 6, 2024

Crossed Fingers

I'm glad that the dockworker's strike was resolved so quickly. After getting a better contract offer, the workers agreed to suspend the strike until January, while they negotiate the rest of the details. This is good for getting supplies to the regions devastated by Hurrican Helene, so they can recover. I hope that the new Milton storm won't bring further destruction.

Last week I saw a really stupid car festooned with flags and banners saying "Repent" , "Jesus Saves" and that he's coming soon, like maybe during the election. I know there are evangelical Christians around Texas but this was crazy. Apparently while I was at lunch, they even put up some "Jesus Saves" signs on a nearby fence. Wackos.

Meanwhile I've been having computer issues lately even though I upgraded the memory on my laptop. I kept getting 100% disk usage slowing everything down, but I think I finally found the Windows settings to make it work normally. Apparently next time I get a new computer I'll have to make sure I get SSD.

No comments: