Saturday, October 12, 2024

Missed again

Apparently I missed the northern lights again. I don't know if it came down to Texas, but I did see people posting aurora pictures from Kansas, so that's pretty far south. I envy them, because I didn't see any aurora when I was in Alaska in August. Oh well.

Meanwhile I got out my wok again to deep fry the rest of the lumpia I had in my freezer. The first batch turned golden easily but after I took them out of the oil to cool on a rack, they looked more burnt and overdone. The second batch stubbornly looked undercooked and pale, but once I pulled them out they turned more golden and cooked. So I guess the trick is that I should deep fry them, but pull them out while they still look pale. Then while they rest on the rack, they'll finish cooking from the leftover heat.

Anyway, I guess I'll go out to the movies tonight. I did recently see the Super/Man Christopher Reeve movie, which was interesting, as I never knew about his blended family before. Apparently he was close friends with Robin Williams too.

No comments: