Monday, October 14, 2024

Happy Indigenous People's Day

I almost forgot and thought this day was closer to Thanksgiving. I'll be working today, so it's not really a holiday for me.

Early voting in Texas starts next week, so I'll go then. This election is so nerve wracking, and I've no idea if the states wrecked by Helene and Milton will recover, especially given threats to FEMA.

Meanwhile it looks like The Wild Robot is getting a sequel due to its success.

Speaking of movies, I forgot to mention Rob Peace, the last movie I saw in August before my cruise. I think you can buy it on Youtube now, but I don't know if it will reach a streaming service in the future. Maybe it'll go to Paramount+? The film stars Jay Will, with Chiwetel Ejiofor and Mary J. Blige as Rob's separated parents.

The movie is based on a true story about a brilliant Black kid who had a bright future in biochemistry, but he got caught up in illegal schemes trying to help his imprisoned father. It's about obligation and tragedy, and it's based on a biography that his college friend wrote about him, but it goes into his childhood and the New Jersey neighborhood he grew up in. I hope more people find out about it.

No comments: