Monday, February 8, 2010

Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes

Yay! I have a guest post on Veinglory's Gay Sherlock Holmes blog. It's a longer movie review than I posted in December.


Also, I have discovered some historical books on Victorian women travel writers, who are exceptional for traveling the world alone, at a time when most ladies could not respectably travel without family or paid companions. They can do so because they are of a wealthy upperclass, and well educated.

This gives me more confidence that I can do something with Helen Stoner, although perhaps her fiancé Percy Armitage will still object. And Helen is mainly limited to traveling to and from America. Diana Struthers on the other hand would perhaps have to pretend to be married to or related to Holmes to travel with him for the three years of the hiatus. Either way, I shall have to read up about this subject.

No comments: