Sunday, May 4, 2014

Seriously, Vote

In more important news, I voted early in the local election, and I voted against a wacko candidate who mailed out an anti-tax rant to voters. Cities need taxes, and schools need funding. I don't have kids myself, but I know that. You vote for what's best for the community, even if it inconveniences you personally. I wish the Texas voter ID stuff would get struck down. It makes me worry about the midterm elections in November.

Beyond Texas, I was sad to hear of the recent train derailment in Virginia, because I know that part of the state. The company can downplay the oil spill all it wants to, but we aren't going to know the effects on the James River for a long time. It's crazy for them to act like this is routine and they've got it under control. Will anybody in the state, or in Washington, D.C. realize they've got to do something about environmental safety and regulation? Or will they just continue to bicker and worry about their campaigns?

No comments: