Saturday, June 22, 2019

Chloe Kim barbie?

I've read on this page that the Chloe Kim barbie is coming out after all, with a July 2019 release date, and another website is offering pre-orders yet only quoting old press releases from 2018. I'm not sure if this is real. Chloe Kim was from last year's Shero announcement, and they never sold any but 3 of the dolls they announced to the press. Mattel's official site doesn't offer to sell any of the dolls at all, so I think they're just an elaborate public relations show for their 60th anniversary, but they don't actually intend to sell these dolls to customers. I guess I'll see when July gets here. The Chloe Kim doll face almost looks like a Curvy barbie, so I wonder if her body will be curvy and/or made-to-move, given that she's a snowboarder.

If it's not real, then FUCK YOU again to Mattel for teasing girls and women with all these dolls that you never ever FUCKING sell. I mean, even if it came out as a limited collector's edition for a high price, that would be better than pretending that you're going to sell, but not selling.

No comments: