Thursday, September 8, 2022

Shootings

I actually had the 3 day weekend off for Labor Day, and was planning to go see a movie especially due to the $3 tickets on Saturday, but there weren't any movies I wanted to see. I'm glad I didn't go on Sunday either because there was a shooting at a local mall where I often see movies. It wasn't a mass shooter; the news report makes it sound like a dispute between two men. But still, it's a consequence of Abbott and other Republicans loosening gun laws despite all the horrific shooting tragedies.

Elsewhere, gun violence continues ceaselessly across the rest of America too. There was a shooting spree in Memphis, with somebody rampaging across the city until the police caught him. This will never end until we can get more gun control passed. If we can win more Senate seats in the midterms, then we can pass a lot of necessary legislation for voting rights, abortion, and more.

Meanwhile Queen Elizabeth II died today, and there's a new Conservative Prime Minister in the UK too. Lots of turmoil over there, so my sympathies.

No comments: