Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flotilla apology

While it's all very nice that Israel apologized to Turkey for the flotilla incident, and that Turkey apparently accepts this, I wish Israel would apologize to the Palestinians who continue to suffer daily from the Gaza blockade and the illegal settlements on their land. More useful than apologies would be to end the blockade and stop the settlements. I mean, they don't have to deal with Palestinians as equal partners in a diplomatic relationship, because the Palestinians have no state of their own, like Turkey, and are kept in a perpetual state of occupation and poverty. It's sickening.

It's good that Obama visited Israel, gave a humanizing speech, and got an award, but I'm so jaded about there ever being peace. I hope John Kerry can do something different, or I fear there will never be a two-state solution in my lifetime.

No comments: