Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wesley Crusher 2.0

With this week's episode, now I'm completely done with S.H.I.E.L.D. and I figured out why I hate Skye. She's Wesley Crusher all over again. A whiny genius girl who can do no wrong, and always has the correct solution to the problem. Anyone who dares tell her to shut the hell up or tries to kick her off the plane is looked on as a bad guy who betrayed the team. Plus the fact that Skye pretends to be Melinda May is more insulting, because they keep using Melinda May to make Skye look cooler, instead of developing Melinda May in her own right. Skye's an unprofessional, coddled baby and should have been killed off already. Whoever's writing this shit and came up with her stupid "I need to find my parents" backstory needed to be fired a long time ago. Instead of fixing the problem, they're doubling down on the "Look at how awesome Skye is" viewpoint. It's sickening. I signed on for a show starring Coulson, and instead they make everything revolve around her.

I didn't really get a lot of satisfying answers about Coulson's death. Just a lot of angst and horror of seeing him wish he could die. Then the whole thing about Mike Peterson being made into a slave too just makes the story more depressing and not fun. It's so disappointing, and nothing makes sense enough to be worthwhile.

No comments: