Wednesday, September 7, 2016

50 State strategy

Yay! This week there's a poll out showing that Texas is a "toss-up" state in presidential election, and the Dallas Morning News endorsed Hillary today. Of course there are skeptics that say the poll is an outlier, and we'll need further confirmation. But I'm glad for any shred of hope, like the ruling striking down the voter ID law. There's going to be some "temporary" changes for this election, but I hope the Supreme Court gives a final ruling, or at least has a tie-vote, so the law can be shut down for good.

I'm pleased that Hillary is excited about possibilities in Texas and other states, and that she really seems committed to a 50-state strategy will all her fundraising for down-ballot races. We need help building more Democrats in Texas. Last month I attended a local Democratic fundraiser for women, and it cheered me up about how many blue voters there are. (There were many men too, including Marc Veasey who brought the lawsuit against the voter ID law, which I'm very grateful for.) Working together, someday we'll get this place purple, then blue.

No comments: