Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hidden Figures

I finally got to see Hidden Figures today, and it was outstanding. The theatre was so crowded that I got a seat way too close and had to crane my neck, so I may try to see it again another time. Taraji was wonderful, and I liked the other women's stories too. Very inspiring and hopeful, especially when you began to see all races of Americans united in wanting the space program to succeed. These women were their own small piece of the larger civil rights movement. I hope everyone sees it now that it's released wide.

I also recently watched Lion, about the lost Indian boy who found his birth family after 25 years. Good film too, and based on Saroo Brierly's life. Glad he's been able to have both families in his life.

I keep seeing trailers for those evangelical Christian movies, and they're so annoying. I want to roll my eyes and tell them "Nobody's oppressing you! When's the last time you saw a Buddhist or Muslim movie get this much attention or pandering? Even your Jewish movies aren't so defensive." Sheesh.

No comments: