Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Liu Xing

I found a translation of that "Yellow" cover, and yes, the lyrics don't match Coldplay's lyrics at all. It's more metaphorical and poetical, focused on stars and yearning and torrents of feelings. The title, "Liú Xīng", means meteor or shooting star. Apparently these Mandarin lyrics are based on a version by Zheng Jun, later performed on China's The Voice show. So there's been a history of Chinese singers covering this song. Katherine Ho's version for the soundtrack is really lovely.

I also went to see that IMAX Pandas movie from back in April, because they re-released it this week for some reason. I might go to see the Alpha movie next time. Really, I spend so much money on movies and food that I might as well sign up for a subscription again. Maybe this one will work better than Moviepass, and at least it lets me see a movie more than once if I really like it.

Also I spent the weekend making screencaps and trimming video from that Hogan Family episode where David has a puppet Clifford and does magic badly. Jason Bateman is so goofy and funny in it. Now I gotta see where I can upload them.

No comments: