Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Dark Times

Sad that things are still so bad. Families still separated at the border, Puerto Rico still struggling, and now I hear that US Citizens are having their passports revoked and their citizenship questioned.

I'm a naturalized citizen myself, and my dad told me to get a passport (even though I don't travel much outside the country) as proof of my citizenship that I could show quickly without having to dig up old naturalization records. But if passports aren't enough, and people are getting deported based on ethnic heritage, rather than citizenship, what the fuck are people supposed to do? Perpetual immigrants, never to be accepted. Fuck. And it's only the white people who will be unquestioned, when they are immigrants just as much as any non-Native Americans.

And now we have the awful confirmation hearings and another lawsuit trying to shutdown Obamacare. There's so many things that need to be fixed NOW, and can't wait for midterms in November. It feels like nothing can save us, that it's already too late. But I gotta get myself out of that defeatist mindset.

At least Nike made a bold stand about Colin Kaepernick, so maybe resistance is getting more mainstream? Hope his lawsuit against the NFL succeeds. Trying to pretend they aren't all blackballing him.

No comments: