Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Get Ready to Vote!

The news has been exhausting, and all the discussion of sexual assaults with #WhyIDidntReport has been horrifying. I was glad to hear that the agent who assaulted Terry Crews finally got fired, and Crews posted the guy's apology letter. Finally some repercussions.

The Texas Senate race is a tossup, and they had their first debate on Friday. I didn't see it, but I did see a Cruz political ad on late night TV, with Cruz trying to stoke fears about illegal immigrants killing people and needing to be deported. Fuck you, Cruz, when a US border patrol agent is a serial killer maybe you shouldn't throw stones about who's killing people.

Even lawful immigrants like me are having their citizenship questioned, and being screwed over for taking government assistance, so excuse me if I don't trust Cruz to handle illegal immigrants any less cruelly. Even US citizens in Puerto Rico were fucking abandoned by Trump, but Cruz is fine with stoking racist sentiments. Fuck you, for saying you "serve the President" instead of Texans. Fuck you, for supporting Trump's horrifying Supreme Court pick and his family separation policies at the border. Fuck you, for wanting to kill Obamacare and support the NRA and the policewoman who shot a man in his own apartment.

Anyway, it's National Voter Registration day, so make sure you're registered. Midterms are coming. I gotta make some more donations and pick which races to spread my money.

No comments: