Monday, April 29, 2019

April showers done

Anyway, the weather was so rainy for a week, flooding the streets, so I'm glad to have some respite at last. After finding out about a local election at the last minute, I did some reading up on candidates and early voted this weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to put together a Lego mariachi band, but need to get enough minifigures and instruments to do it. I ordered these custom mini violins but when I got them, they don't really fit the minifigures' hands. Why can't they design them better? I guess that's why real Lego doesn't make violins. They only make guitars, which do fit.

Anyway the Avengers movie is out, but I don't care about the team up movies anymore. I know that the Russo brothers directed again, but I haven't heard any spoilers that mention another Arrested Development reference like the staircar. Even if I cared to look for Easter eggs, I haven't got 3 hours of my life to spend on time-travel shenanigans, when I knew all along that they were going to find a way to undo the "dusting." No way were they going to leave Black Panther and others dead, and I rolled my eyes at the thought that people actually cried last year about the dusting. It's comics! Nobody's gonna stay dead. I mean, there are spoilers that some characters did die this time, but there's so much convoluted time-travelling stuff that it's difficult to really decide what timeline you're in. (Besides, they can always bring actors back for flashbacks, prequels, etc, and do more of their CGI de-aging stuff.) So yeah, I don't care enough about Marvel anymore, except for specific characters I like, such as Black Panther.

No comments: