Saturday, May 11, 2019

Speechless Cancelled

The May upfronts are coming, so the TV networks have already begun cancelling shows to make room for new shows. I'm disappointed that Speechless got cut; it was such a funny show with quirky characters and the mom didn't become too overbearing to take. I thought Speechless would survive despite its lowered ratings due to it being so close to syndication. Sad. Well, I'm not surprised that Murphy Brown got cancelled due to its low ratings, but I did love Avery's relationship with his mom.

Among the new shows, the CW has ordered Batwoman to series as well as Nancy Drew. Finally! This is the third attempt to make a TV show about her in recent years. I'm glad they went back to the premise of her as a teen detective instead of an adult. I hope it will be good, and make up for the fact that I don't have Hulu and can't watch the new Veronica Mars episodes. Too many streaming options, and I don't want to have a dozen accounts.

No comments: