Friday, September 20, 2019

Up in the Air

Well, the Miss Fisher movie is going to be released in Australia in February 2020, but Acorn is still being vague about when the US will get it. I hope it will be good and worth the wait.

Meanwhile, SNL fired that new hire after all the controversy about his racism and offensive jokes. Glad that finally got resolved, but now I'm so disappointed in Justin Trudeau's blackface photos. It's so stupid of him to, as an adult, have done this 3 times, and moreover to not have volunteered this information back during Ralph Northam's controversy. If he'd confessed then, it might have mitigated things somewhat and not put his re-election at risk. Northam never resigned, and apparently his voters wanted him to stay because other options are worse. I wonder if Canadians will think the same and let Trudeau slide on this too. I don't know.

Anyway, the Israel election resulted in no party having enough seats to form the majority, and it could take weeks to resolve who is prime minister. But Benny Gantz declared victory, and I hear he promised not to form a government including Netanyahu. I hope he sticks to this promise, and that Netanyahu will finally be indicted for his corruption. I haven't liked his warmongering either, and can only hope a "unity" government can be less rightwing, though I admit I don't know how different Gantz will be.

No comments: