Saturday, September 5, 2020

September Rain

It's already Labor Day Weekend, and the hot weather is finally being broken up by thunderstorms. I guess this is what passes for fall in Texas.

Disney's new Mulan is now available for streaming. I wanted to see it, but $30 is a steep price to pay for one movie. I mean, I guess it's a good price for a family with kids, especially if you can see it multiple times, not just once, but you still have to stay subscribed to Disney+ to keep it. Also, I read that Disney plans on keeping it available for a month or so, putting it back in the vault for a month, then releasing it again in December without the $30 price tag. What kind of strategy is that? And if you paid the $30 in September, does that mean you can't watch it during November when it's unavailable to everyone else?

Meanwhile other movies are opening this weekend such as Tenet, but I don't care about Christopher Nolan. I did see that some theaters are showing Chadwick Boseman's 42 movie about Jackie Robinson too. I'm thinking of seeing the new Bill & Ted, but should probably rent the previous films first.

No comments: