Monday, August 31, 2020

Wakanda Forever

I was stunned to hear about Chadwick Boseman's sudden death. Well, it was sudden to the public, since only his family knew he was sick for years. It's shocking to think that he continued to make films while still fighting cancer. I hope he didn't overwork himself in his quest to make the most of his career. Such a tragedy that he died so young.

He made a huge impact, though, and I was touched by the public outpouring of grief. I heard that some children held funerals for Black Panther with their toys, and I watched the ABC tribute special about him too. It's good to see fan appreciation for Chadwick, because I remember some people thinking that T'Challa was somewhat boring and less interesting than the complex villain Killmonger. Playing the hero can look deceptively easy and understated, but it's so important to grounding a film.

Boseman left a great legacy of other movies as well, and I hope he will continue to inspire generations to come. He certainly made the most of his brief time.

No comments: