Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Conventions

I tried to watch some of the Democratic convention last week, but the TV commentators kept skipping parts to hold pointless discussions/analysis. I couldn't find the pure feed until it was too late. Congrats to Joe and Kamala anyway.

I'm not going to try to watch the Republican convention this week. If Trump is really going to do his speeches and campaigning from the White House, then it's disgustingly illegal. He really thinks he's a king, free to flout any laws.

Online, people have been complaining about Melania Trump redoing the rose garden, but I don't give a fuck. It's just a garden, and I heard the trees were replanted elsewhere. Why are people wasting their outrage on crap like that? I'm worried about the Post Office, the pandemic, the police brutality and racism, the fucking corruption at every level... Now we got hurricanes coming too. Feels like 2020 will never end.

I got to deal with the flood of fundraising emails too. I can't afford to donate to everyone, so I got to focus on local Texas races, to try to flip this state blue.

No comments: