Thursday, March 3, 2022

March already

I'm still processing results of the Texas primaries on Tuesday. Some of my candidates won, while others made it to the runoffs in May. No idea if the results would have been different if not for the voter suppression law.

I was able to watch Biden's State of the Union address. He flubbed a few lines, but did fine for someone with a stutter. I didn't like his "fund the police" line, but I understand he's trying to give Democrats cover so that Republicans don't keep screaming about us all trying to defund the police. On the other hand, they'll probably keep lying anyway. They have no shame.

Meanwhile, Amber Ruffin's show came back but now the newer episodes are Peacock Premium only. I can still watch clips on the Youtube channel, but I guess I'll have to upgrade eventually. Might as well, to see the rest of Rutherford Falls, Bel-Air, etc. At least she's still free on Seth Meyer's show.

Batwoman ended season 3 with a happy-ish ending but with a hint of what could be next season. If it does continue, I wish there would be less angst and horror. Can't a superhero show be more hopeful, or is that just how Gotham is? I'd even take more heroic action sequences even though I can't follow fight scenes well. Just something to break up the gloom and cynicism. Mary Hamilton used to be the bright and cute part of the show but they put her character through the wringer.

No comments: