Thursday, June 23, 2022

Democracy

I've just read that Israel's government has fallen apart. They couldn't hold together their anti-Netanyahu coalition. Apparently Bennet's co-prime minister Lapid will take over until new elections are held. It's such a disaster that their government is so unstable, election after election. I hope Netanyahu will not be able to return to power. I thought he was still on trial for corruption? They just have too many factions, splintering the Knesset.

Meanwhile, I have mostly not been home for most of the televised January 6th hearings. I feared that no one would watch, but apparently the hearings are making an impact. I'm also glad that people are paying attention and caring about people like Shaye Moss and Ruby Freeman. It gives me hope in people.

Recently I was disgusted and frightened by how people were rubbernecking the Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard trial. Why on earth was that even televised or available to stream? Why didn't the judge require the jury to be sequestered if he was going to let random people watch? What a fucking media circus; shame on Deadline for pushing it every damn day like it was a Hollywood reality show.

No comments: