Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Almost Thanksgiving

Better get my grocery shopping done before holidays start. There's a new cold front in Texas so I'll have to dress warm. I'm actually working on Thursday and will celebrate with my family on the weekend.

I recently saw on Deadline that Adrienne Warren is developing a show about Black Wall Street, but she wants to set it before the 1921 massacre. So it will explore happier times for Black residents in 1915 and also look at cultural relationships with Native Americans in the area too. Maybe there'll be overlap or foreshadowing of the murders of Osage people depicted in Killers of the Flower Moon. I do like that Black historical shows include history of other people of color. The Lawmen: Bass Reeves show also touches on tribes in the West, with the encroachment of white men in their territory. I wonder if any more of these Western-type TV shows will touch on Chinese immigrants building the railroads and making Chinatowns in America too? Anyway, I hope the Dreamland show will be good. I remember Warren from the ABC TV show she starred in as Mamie Till-Mobley.

Meanwhile, Argentina elected a rightwing wacko on Sunday. I didn't even know about the election. How awful. We're still dealing with shitty fascists here. Brands are fleeing Elon Musk again and he's filed a lawsuit against Media Matters. These petty tyrants have no idea what real freedom of speech is. Fuck him and his space rockets.

No comments: