Saturday, December 2, 2023

December Deaths

Well I'm sad that the ceasefire ended, but apparently Qatar is helping to still negotiate with Israel. I'd prefer a permanent end to the war, of course, and that all hostages be freed. There's more scandal about the intelligence failure, and I'm really hoping Netanyahu can be ousted permanently. We'll see.

I'm sad that Rosalyn Carter died recently too. I didn't know until her obituaries that she had been actively advising Jimmy Carter during his presidency. Not just a traditional First Lady tending the White House. I like marriages that are true partnerships.

Meanwhile Henry Kissinger died and George Santos finally got expelled from Congress. Good riddance. As a swing vote, Sandra Day O'Connor had some good and some bad decisions, but was at least a pioneer on the Supreme Court. I wish there were more reasonable conservatives there now, but they've only become more corrupt and extreme. Good luck enforcing the new ethics code.

I avoided shopping last week during the rush, so now I better get to buying stuff for Christmas.

No comments: