Monday, April 3, 2017

April Showers

Thunderstorms woke me up early this morning and the sky remained gloomy all day. I actually saw a mockingbird perched on the top of my tree, though, so hopefully that's a good sign for spring.

Apparently I missed an April Fool's prank where Will Arnett narrated an office, but it's already gone. That's what I get for not checking Netflix for more often. I'm still craving more Arrested Development, but there's been no news on that front either.

I wanted to see The Zookeeper's Wife, but it's still in limited release and I wasn't up to driving half an hour to the nearest theater. A lot of movies I want to see are specialty films like that; they only open in New York and LA first, then you have no idea when it will expand to nationwide. So frustrating! I want to see the Gertrude Bell one and the one about Emily Dickinson. I hope the biopics won't be romanticized too much, focused on love interests. I recently watched the Pancho Barnes movie starring Valerie Bertinelli, and they fictionalized it too much, focusing on some love triangle with two other pilots. The PBS documentary on Pancho Barnes was more interesting.

Oh I also heard that Constance Wu will star in a romantic comedy called Crazy Rich Asians. I hope it will be great and get her other lead parts. I'm still upset that she hasn't gotten an Emmy nomination yet for Fresh Off the Boat. When will "diversity" include Asians too?

No comments: