Thursday, April 27, 2017

Texas elections

I early voted in my local election for city council and school board positions. There were a handful of candidates, but only one endorsed by the local Democrats, so I had to research the other people, but there was very little information about them. Only the League of Women Voters had any info on them, and even then, many candidates did not provide information. So I did the best I could, voting for one guy who seemed very informed and specific about issues.

It reminded me, though, that we still have that damn Voter ID law in place even though it's been struck down multiple times. But it keeps getting appealed higher, and we still have to live with the effects of Voter ID, bad redistricting, etc. When can we start having fair elections again?

No comments: