Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Political garbage

Early voting is this week, and I went yesterday. It's an off year, so there's no candidates, just state constitutional amendments on the ballot. I had a little scare, though, because the election worker couldn't find my record at first, and had pulled up some other person's profile instead. Fortunately my ID matched my voter registration card, so the supervisor helped her look up the correct information. I'm still annoyed that the Voter ID law is still in effect after being struck down so many times in the courts.

Anyway, I was also concerned about the story of the 17-year-old Jane Doe needing an abortion but repeatedly blocked by the courts, but I just read that she finally got it. Last week I also heard that some Boy Scout got kicked out because he dared to ask a politician about gun control, even though all the scouts had been told to be prepared with questions. (Apparently it was the local den mother who kicked him out, but he was able to transfer to another den. Still totally unfair.) Apparently everyone's forgotten about the Vegas shooting now and all the promises to at least ban bump stocks. It's so depressing.

No comments: