Wednesday, October 25, 2017

TV news

I read that Amber Ruffin is developing a TV show based on her life, with help from Seth Meyers. I'll miss her so much on Seth's show, but I'm happy for her. Maybe the other women writers at Late Night will take up the slack and appear more often. I don't know.

As for other shows, I've found that The Mayor was hit or miss, but I liked the recent Halloween episode. Fresh Off the Boat had a good episode last night too, with George Takei guest starring as an ESL teacher. The show implied that Grandma liked him, so does this mean George will have a recurring role as Jenny's love interest? I hope so. Supergirl has been kind of all over the place and weird by introducing the Reign character to us as a single mother who's nice and just discovering her superpowers. Why do they want to start her out sympathetic and unaware of her origins? Anyway, I did like the recent episode on Mars and the new credits that talk about her being a refugee and feature the new actress playing Kara's mother. Maybe the season will get better.

I was sorry to hear that Robert Guillaume died yesterday. He was great.

No comments: