Friday, December 15, 2017

Go See a Star War

So the latest Star War movie is out. I guess I'll see it because it has Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia one last time. I hope it will be more like The Force Awakens rather than the sausage fest of Rogue One. There's apparently going to be some Asian characters this time who aren't Blind Monk stereotypes. I'll find out on Monday, I guess, which is the earliest I can see the movie.

Overall I've been unenthused by the usual Disney/Pixar movies lately. Didn't even see Coco. Now Disney is buying a huge portion of Fox, and some people are excited to have all their franchises together now. I worry about the monopoly, though, and how much they're going to take away from Netflix for their own streaming service. Plus, they still need to clean house after John Lasseter took a leave of absence from Pixar. He totally downplayed allegations against him to sound more innocent. And Rashida Jones had a point that the culture there could use women and people of color in charge.

But still, I'm hungrily waiting for Black Panther in February. Hope it will be great.

No comments: