Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Boxing Day

I think I will go see All the Money in the World, since they replaced Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer. I'm a little squeamish about the ear getting cut off, but I figure I can look away if it's too gruesome. And after all, severed ears were featured in a Sherlock Holmes story, and a large number of movies seem to feature severed fingers.

I'm kind of glad to see Downsizing flop this weekend, because I was always annoyed by their early trailers trying to trick us into thinking that Kristin Wiig's character gets shrunk with Matt Damon. In reality, she's only in the beginning of the film, choosing not to shrink; only recently have the trailers admitted this. I've heard some critical praise about Hong Chau's role, but what I've read about the plot sounds muddled and misguided, much like the racial subplot in Suburbicon. I'd much rather watch Rose Tico in Star Wars, and wish that her sister Paige could have lived longer.

There's apparently a new trailer for Black Panther now, and there's already new Lego sets for the movie. I cannot wait.

No comments: