Thursday, January 18, 2018

Black Lightning

Black Lightning had a really good pilot episode. I didn't realize that his daughters would also have powers, so that's something to look forward to. They'll have to figure out their dad's secret and learn from him, I guess. Maybe Gambi will make them costumes too and show them the lair below his shop. I wonder if the mother will be on board with her daughters fighting crime, given that she couldn't take Jefferson doing it. She only really agreed that Jefferson should be Black Lightning this time to rescue their daughters, so she may not approve of him continuing, much less involving their daughters. But surely Anissa has a will of her own and won't let them forbid her activities, given that she's an adult.

I'm glad the ratings were good, because we sure need some more diverse shows on TV. This will tide me over until Black Panther arrives in February.

Meanwhile Supergirl returned with a meh episode this week. I hate that Reign keeps reverting back to Sam, and nobody has yet figured out her identity. Are they going to keep fighting her the rest of the season? I'm so fed up with this stupid story. I was worried for a while that Supergirl couldn't come out of the coma because she was still upset about the love triangle and didn't want to face Mon-El and his wife. Thankfully, the show didn't go there, instead saying that she needed to remember her humanity as Kara Danvers. At least Kara is now working past her feelings about Mon-El.

No comments: