Thursday, March 14, 2019

Pi Day

Happy Pi Day. Recently I found some pastry pie crusts that don't use palm oil in them, so I've bought fillings and will probably make a pie tonight. There are some cake recipes I want to try eventually too. Apparently even this math day is becoming a commercialized holiday with pizza and pie specials at various chains.

I'm disappointed in Beto O'Rourke running for president. He's abandoning us Texans by not going after the other Senate seat. Maybe he's afraid he can't win that and he'd do better nationally, but it feels too soon for me. Well if he wants to jump into that crowded 2020 field, we'll see how he does against other Democrats. Maybe he can at least keep focus on the border wall and the detention camps. I hope somebody else steps up to run for Cornyn's seat. Was it Joaquin Castro who said he would?

Anyway, tomorrow is the Ides, so beware the new Arrested Development episodes. I've read a couple of reviews assuring us that there's closure, not cliff-hangers this time, but that overall the quality is just the same as the earlier season. More stuff about Tobias's fake family, the neverending wall, and Fakeblock, but no assurances about Tony Wonder coming back. I mean, I guess they could be trying to avoid spoiling a plot twist, but basically now I just want warning to prepare myself for an unhappy ending. I don't want shitty clips about Gob fumbling email just like he fumbles business phones. We got fucking murders and disappearances to worry about, and you think that shit is funny, Mitch? Tell me that you ended the Rebel Alley story at least, even if you insist on involving Ron Howard for more tiresome meta jokes. As expected, Lindsay is going to be absent too, which they're trying to spackle over using Debrie I guess. And the guest stars cast as younger Lucille and George probably mean they're going to explain the hints about a 1982 July 4th parade where Buster did something terrible that has to be kept secret. Yet another murder?

No comments: