Saturday, January 25, 2020

Year of the Rat

This new coronavirus in China is very scary, as the death toll rises and China puts cities under quarantine. They even cancelled movie releases and closed down theatres on this Lunar New Year weekend to prevent further outbreak. I heard there was even one case in the US, from a person who visited Wuhan. What a terrifying crisis. I'm grateful I will be able to see my family for Lunar New Year, and I'm sad for those who won't be able to.

Meanwhile the Senate Impeachment trial has been going this week. When they said 24 hours each, I didn't realize that meant split over 3 days, so it could be 8-hours a day. I guess that makes sense. Still a sham trial, but we knew Mitch was going to rig it for Trump.

There was also some news about Saudi Prince MBS personally hacking Jeff Bezos's phone with an app and somehow participating in that attempt to blackmail Bezos over an affair. That, along with the assassination of that Washington Post reporter, are prime examples of how tangled and shitty the world is today.

So, uh, Happy Lunar New Year, such as it is.

No comments: