Friday, April 2, 2021

Locked Down

I got my second vaccine shot on Sunday, so I feel a little more secure to see the new Godzilla movie. I'll still keep wearing my mask though, in light of everything opening up so quickly.

All the political news sites have been obsessed with the sex scandal about Matt Gaetz. I'll be glad if it forces him to resign, but if it doesn't, then it's overshadowing a lot of bad things that also need attention, like Texas Republicans passing voter suppression and coming for our abortion rights. I did read, though, that Biden's Department of Transportation is putting a freeway expansion on hold due to civil rights issues, regarding all the residents that will be displaced in Houston. So it's good we have competent people in the administration who can pay attention to all the issues. I hope Deb Haaland is busy doing good things at Interior too.

Somebody rammed their car into a barricade at the Capitol! Scary, but I believe Congress is on Easter recess and that Joe Biden is at Camp David. Hope there's plenty of security for everybody who's still locked down in D.C.

No comments: