Monday, July 12, 2021

Holding Pattern

I was working all weekend so I didn't hear about CPAC Dallas or anything much about the Texas special session. Have to just hope the our Democrats can hold off bad legislation again. It's really up to U.S. Congress to pass federal voting rights act. What happened to all the talk about Manchin proposing a new compromise? Why aren't they trying to pass that yet?

Meanwhile, the new Black Widow movie is out now. While I like the character in Marvel ensemble movies, I'm still pissed at Scarlett Johannson so I'm not eager to support her solo picture. I'm told that the movie features the sister character more and sets her up to be the new Black Widow after Natasha's death in the previous Avengers film. So hopefully I can watch future Marvel movies with the new Black Widow.

So instead I've been watching movies at home. Netflix's Ice Road was good for a while, but then that villain just refused to die and kept coming back for more over the top scenes, including a fistfight in the truckcab that never seemed to end. I also caught the new Leverage reboot once I figured out that IMDB TV was free and didn't even require me to give an email address. The new characters are used pretty well, but I was hoping for Hardison to come back. Hopefully he will appear in the 2nd half, due in the fall.

No comments: