Saturday, July 31, 2021

What a Week

What a week it's been, with all the Olympics controversy over Simone Biles pulling out due to experiencing the "twisties," which is apparently a spatial disorientation. She has to think about her well-being and not risk a career-ending injury or even death. Her teammate Sunisa Lee got the chance to shine instead and won a gold medal, so it's worked out great. Thankfully, standards have changed for Olympic athletes, and it's partly due to Naomi Osaka's recently focus on her mental health.

I haven't really watched the Olympics other than the opening ceremony. I've watched Amber Ruffin's short videos once I found them on Peacock, but overall I'm just not into sports. I've been watching mysteries on PBS. My sister recommended something called Professor T, a remake of a Belgian series. It's okay, but the tone has been weird and offputting at times. It's as if Adrian Monk was a university professor who sometimes has hallucinations, and he has a different, childhood reason for his trauma and OCD.

Recently I was happy to hear about Ben & Jerry's deciding not to sell ice cream in the illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine. I even bought a pint in celebration. Israel of course is reacting like they do to any other BDS action--calling it an anti-semitic attack. So hysterical.

No comments: