Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Bye Netflix

Welp, Netflix cancelled Cowboy Bebop rather quickly. I mean, I know there were a lot of scathing reviews, but not everyone hated it. I saw mixed reactions online, and I personally thought it was cool with its retro-futuristic style. I had never seen the original anime so there was nothing for me to compare it to, but I liked how Julia started out all helpless dream girl, then slowly morphed into a more sinister and manipulative person looking out for herself. Anyway, I did cancel my Netflix subscription after all.

Speaking of revivals, Jimmy Kimmel did another Live Norman Lear special, and this time they cast adults as child/teen sitcom characters. It was weird, but somehow it worked. I was surprised to see both Will Arnett and Jason Bateman in The Facts of Life reenactment. Their hair was hilariously bad, and they joked around a lot behind the scenes, as usual.

Meanwhile on Batwoman, Mary Hamilton has turned into Poison Ivy Mary, but I don't know how the writers will resolve this next year. Yeah, Poison Ivy will show up and probably be a bigger threat, but how does Mary redeem herself and reunite with the Batfamily? Won't she feel guilty about anyone she's hurt or killed?

No comments: