Thursday, April 21, 2022

hobbies

Thousands of Etsy sellers were on strike, so I didn't buy anything there for that week. There's been no news that Etsy changed its fee hike, though.

Lately I've been doing more sewing and even bought a dress form off ebay, though it's not my size. I'm thinking of sewing a belt-ish thing to pin on it and increase the waist. I do have some leftover cotton stuffing and some fabric to make it. Basically I'm short and the clothes I want to wear are too long, so I have to hem them or even redo the waistline because it's up to my bust. I recently mastered a rolled hem, which is an easy way to hem some fabrics. Not sure if I'll spring for a sewing machine yet. All my stitches are by hand right now and I really don't remember how to use a machine, though I'm sure they covered it in my high school home ec class.

Meanwhile, Barbie sent two dolls to space, and there's been a lot of news about casting the Margot Robbie movie. I'm interested to see it and hope it will be fun and subversive. I bought another doll recently, as well as a tiered cart to sort my collection in. I also put together a desk too and brought out a ladder to change LED light bulbs in my ceiling lights. I still hate the stupid overhead lights that my house came with, because I need like three hands to hold the heavy glass and screw in the tiny screws holding up the glass. Why can't they be some type of snap-lock fastening?

No comments: